It has been a privilege to serve as your President this year. Every school year presents its own unique issues, and we certainly faced a number of challenges this year. Not only did our campuses merge, but our PTAs did, as well, and we really didn’t know how that would look last August.
Here are some highlights from our year: - We provided teacher appreciation luncheons/meals for 275 staff six times - thank you to our Teacher Appreciation committee (Anna Wrightsman, Amy Neill, Linda Keatts, Sharon Braxton, Julie Hoecker, Melanie Bargas) -
Our Angel Tree served 150 students (almost double last year) & almost 500 people in total, working with school counselors and staff, AVID and the Life Skills coordinator to identify students in need; coordinated with school extracurricular groups, LHHS families and community members to meet these needs; and in addition to gifts and gift cards given, 27 Laptops/Tablets were given to students ~ thank you to our Community Outreach Committee (Angela Klein, Sharon Kirkpatrick, and Jeanne-Marie Gisellu)
- Our PTA membership reached a 7-year high with 864 members, including 100% faculty membership for the first time in a LONG time ~ special thanks to Adrienne Clark and to Mr. Miller - We are “green” with most of our membership submitted online
- We have an amazing website and eNews team ~ Cindy Engel and Becky Elkins ~ and they are coming back next year! - that kept our site current
- We provided volunteers on a regular basis to help serve lunch in the cafeteria every month
- We have updated our Bylaws and Standing Rules to accurately reflect how our PTA works and jobs we are able to offer in support of our school and community
- We are back on track with the Wall of Fame - playing catchup from the past few years ~ thanks to Kay Shelton
I am proud of what we have accomplished, grateful to the Board and everyone who has volunteered and been a part of helping the students of our School of Champions grow, learn, and succeed.